On October 17, 2019 NearZero Discovery will be leading a Toronto Lawyers Association (TLA) Education Session. We will look at eDiscovery principles and processes involved with trying to find the “treasure” in an ocean of data. Our corporate counsel and some of our Certified eDiscovery Specialists will be on hand to explore these and other topics. This program contains 85 minutes of Professionalism Content.
For further details or to register, visit the full TLA event listing here.
Technology continues to be more prevalent in our lives. So much so, that the amount of data we receive or keep grows exponentially each day. Whether the data is personal or business related, it all sits at our fingertips, waiting to be discovered. When an eDiscovery matter arises, this high volume of data can make it difficult to find the treasure. Studies have shown that up to 85% of all data in a corporation is “dark data”, or Redundant-Obsolete-Trivial (ROT) data.*
During our session we will look at various topics that will introduce you to principles and processes related to eDiscovery, including:
- Ethics and privacy concerns (PIPEDA, GDPR) in data collection and processing
- Looking into the dark/ROT data for: document management systems, network based document repositories, smartphones, tablets, laptops, desktops and more
- Tips for how to look at email during your analysis and review phases
- Working with a corporation and the importance of their litigation response team
- Recent industry highlights related to Artificial Intelligence and automation
*“Global Databerg Report: See What Others Don’t.” Veritas, www.veritas.com/product/information-governance/global-databerg.html, 2016